Infosys to invest $15 million in an Indian VC fund
AdvertisementIndian IT giant
The Infosys investment will come from its $500-million Innovation Fund that it had set apart for early-stage investments, and will be the second such deal. In December last year, it backed early-stage VC firm Vertex Ventures based in Silicon Valley.
"Infosys will not be the anchor investor in the (Stellaris) fund," a company executive aware of the matter told ET.
Talking of Stellaris, the VC fund was set up by Alok Goyal, Rahul Chowdhri and Ritesh Bangalani, all former partners at India-based Helion Venture Partners, to invest in early-stage consumer internet and software start-ups.
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- Armed Trump supporters protest outside FBI office in Phoenix following Mar-a-Lago raid: reports
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months