Initial jobless claims fell less than expected
Initial jobless claims fell less than expected.
The reading came in 258,000, slightly higher than economists' forecast of 256,000.Last week claims came in at 260,000.Advertisement
This is the 86th consecutive week that claims have been below 300,000 - the longest streak since 1970.
Meanwhile, yhe 4-week moving average was 253,000, a slight uptick of 1,000 from the previous week's revised average.
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch (2nd Ld)
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch
- 5 persons test positive for COVID-19 in Manipur, total rises to 44
- 32 people test positive for COVID-19 in Jharkhand, total now 458
- With 68 fresh cases, Bihar's COVID-19 tally crosses 3000-mark