Inside the marriage of Bill and Melinda Gates, who met at work, live in a $124 million home, and will leave their children only a small fraction of their fortune
Scott Olson/Getty Images
• Microsoft founder Bill Gates married Melinda French in 1994.
• They met at Microsoft when Melinda was brought on a product manager - she initially turned down Bill's request for a date at a company picnic.
Melinda French was less than impressed when her boss asked her out on a date.
It was 1987, and the recent Duke graduate had just joined Microsoft as a product manager. CEO Bill Gates approached her at a company picnic and inquired if she'd be interested in grabbing dinner in two weeks. Business Insider reported her response was, "That's not spontaneous enough for me."
Here's a look inside their 23-year marriage:
Get the latest Microsoft stock price here.
- No crypto ban in India — SEBI will reportedly be pulled in to regulate the sector
- I wore the same outfit for a week, as part of a productivity hack promoted by Steve Jobs — but it didn't really work. After speaking to psychologists, I'm not surprised.
- Maruti cars to cost you more from January next year
- Dell Latitude 7320 Review — A good-looking compact convertible let down by the keyboard
- SaaS firm RateGain’s IPO opens tomorrow — should you invest?
- Global digital advertising accounted for 64.4% of all advertising in 2021, up from 60.5% in 2020: GroupM report
- After Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Maruti Suzuki, now Tata Motors increases price of its vehicles from January
- 44 key areas, a national framework, and a multi-institutional approach — Here's what you need to know about India's new National Blockchain Strategy