Inside the marriage of Bill and Melinda Gates, who met at work, live in a $124 million home, and will leave their children only a small fraction of their fortune
Scott Olson/Getty Images
• Microsoft founder Bill Gates married Melinda French in 1994.
• They met at Microsoft when Melinda was brought on a product manager - she initially turned down Bill's request for a date at a company picnic.
Melinda French was less than impressed when her boss asked her out on a date.
It was 1987, and the recent Duke graduate had just joined Microsoft as a product manager. CEO Bill Gates approached her at a company picnic and inquired if she'd be interested in grabbing dinner in two weeks. Business Insider reported her response was, "That's not spontaneous enough for me."
Here's a look inside their 23-year marriage:
Get the latest Microsoft stock price here.
- Smart farming can prove to be a game changer in the coming days
- India must pitch for Rupee as dollar distancing might be finally happening: SBI Ecowrap
- Snapchat+ comes to India with exclusive features — here's how much it costs and how to sign up
- Xiaomi’s CyberOne humanoid robot can detect human emotions and costs as much as a Ford Mustang
- Markets may open slightly higher as they await Indian inflation data