Inside the opulent £12 billion Indian wedding industry
Throughout December and January, wedding shows take place all over the world as brides and grooms prepare for the summer's wedding season.
According to the 2011 census, the UK has an Indian population of more than 1.4 million, so it's no wonder that the Indian wedding industry is booming in the UK.
On Sunday January 8, hundreds of brides-to-be attended the Aashni & Co Wedding Show to meet the designers behind some of the most opulent and expensive bridal gowns on the market.
More than 10 million weddings take place in India each year, leading Aashni & Co founder Aashni Shah to call the industry "recession-proof."
Take a look inside the £12 billion Indian wedding industry below:
- Maha crisis: Sena calls floor test illegal and malafide
- GST on casinos, lotteries, horse races deferred as Nirmala Sitharaman
- Shiprocket is India’s most valuable gazelle, and all set to turn unicorn in 2 years, says report
- Zepto, Dunzo among the next 122 unicorns from India — here's the complete Hurun list
- BYJU's cuts 600 jobs across Toppr, WhiteHat Jr