Instagram's user base has doubled in the last 2 years to 700 million
Instagram is growing faster than ever.
On Wednesday, the Facebook-owned app revealed that it has 700 million monthly users, up from 600 million in December 2016. The last four months marks the fastest Instagram has ever added 100 million additional users, a spokesperson told Business Insider.
Wednesday's announcement comes on the heels of Instagram revealing that its ephemeral Stories feature has more daily users than Snapchat.
Here's a handy chart that shows Instagram's steady growth over time:
Mike Nudelman / Business Insider
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so