Instagram's user base has doubled in the last 2 years to 700 million
Instagram is growing faster than ever.
On Wednesday, the Facebook-owned app revealed that it has 700 million monthly users, up from 600 million in December 2016. The last four months marks the fastest Instagram has ever added 100 million additional users, a spokesperson told Business Insider.
Wednesday's announcement comes on the heels of Instagram revealing that its ephemeral Stories feature has more daily users than Snapchat.
Here's a handy chart that shows Instagram's steady growth over time:
Mike Nudelman / Business Insider
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again