Instagram's user base has doubled in the last 2 years to 700 million
Instagram is growing faster than ever.
On Wednesday, the Facebook-owned app revealed that it has 700 million monthly users, up from 600 million in December 2016. The last four months marks the fastest Instagram has ever added 100 million additional users, a spokesperson told Business Insider.
Wednesday's announcement comes on the heels of Instagram revealing that its ephemeral Stories feature has more daily users than Snapchat.
Here's a handy chart that shows Instagram's steady growth over time:
Mike Nudelman / Business Insider
- Window to address climate change closing rapidly: IUCN seven Commissions ahead of COP28
- Salman Khan receives threat again; his security reviewed
- BCCI extends contracts of Rahul Dravid and his support staff
- Adani Power undertakes green ammonia combustion pilot project at Mundra plant
- Gautam Adani re-enters the top 20 richest club after stock rally