Investor Mike Novogratz Has A Very Simple Argument For Why He's Bullish On Bitcoin
Reuters/ Fred Prouser
In an interview Monday with Bloomberg Television at the 2014 Sohn investing conference, Novogratz explained how Bitcoin has grown to capture the imaginations of programmers from its libertarian roots:
There are in best estimates somewhere 30,000 individual programmers working on Bitcoin. My college roommate lives down in Barbados. He was the smartest guy that we went to school with [Novogratz graduated from Princeton - ed.]. He full time works on derivatives of Bitcoin. So there's this open source community where there's huge brain power, let alone all the VC money that's going in. And so from Marc Andreessen and his company to Benchmark… there's lots of smart money going in. I've never seen a small project with more human capital going into it, and so I kind of want to bet just on that alone."
Fortress is sitting on $13 million-worth of Bitcoin. In February, the firm became the first publicly-traded company to file Bitcoin holdings (they were listed as losses).
Follow along with our live blog of Sohn 2014 here »
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling