Is ‘authentic’ Indian food becoming the victim of fancier fusion-food serving restaurants? We find it here.
AdvertisementDid you know the first butter chicken was created in 1950 at
Except for that, most of the time the Indian cuisine at restaurants have been judged on the basis of its homeliness. If a dal tastes mild and the curry reminds you of your childhood, the chef gets 10 on 10. If the tandoori chicken leaves stickiness on your palm, you start doubting the chef’s expertise. Well if that is the case, we find out how difficult it is to maintain authenticity of the dish. We got in touch with Chef
In the age of
“Earlier, there used to be ustaads, who would cook biriyani and other Mughlai dishes. One thing that was common amongst them was to hide their recipes. And this breed of cooks has done enough damage to the authenticity. Indian cuisine has always been a tradition that went down from generation to generation through oral communication. Now hiding the recipe could have made them famous, but took a toll on the authenticity. In that way, many dishes got lost in the past.”
One way to keep Indian cuisine alive, Chef Rajesh says, is to make sure the chefs who specialize in this cuisine focus on the original ingredients. Moreover the people who eat this food need to appreciate the originality of the dishes.
Made in India, the Indian cuisine restaurant at Radisson Blu MBD in Noida has a selective menu. Some of the best sellers of the menu are Galouti Kebab, Fish tikka,
Popular on BI
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- VAHAN 2023 Jan report: Here’s which company sold the most, and the least 2-wheeler EVs
- Adani group market cap jumps ₹42,000 crore on Wednesday in Adani Enterprises-led rally
- OnePlus 11 vs OnePlus 11R – price, specs and features compared
- Don't be in a hurry to prepay but plan EMIs better, say experts as home loan burden set to rise
- How to use the new sad face filter on Instagram?