It Looks Like Pinterest Wants To Start Running More Ads
Last fall, Pinterest started experimenting with "Promoted Pins," but it seems like this might be taking that idea a step further, whether that means ramping up its efforts or changing the advertising format.
Ads on Pinterest make a lot of sense, because brands have already started swarming the site. In general, Pinterest is a product- and image-driven environment where brands are embraced, and it has already proved that it powers a huge amount of social commerce.
We're assuming that if Pinterest did start running more ads, it would, like Instagram, put a lot of effort into making sure that those ads fit its image and looked great. (For contrast, we've all seen how ugly Facebook advertising can be.)
We reached out to Pinterest and got the following: "We started experimenting in October and we're actively growing our team, but we don't have any other details to share."
Here's the ad:
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits