It's Now Obvious Why Microsoft Invested Millions In Foursquare
Now we know why Microsoft decided to invest so heavily in Foursquare. According to The Verge, Microsoft will use Foursquare location data in Cortana, a Siri-like voice assistant for Windows Phones. Cortana will be part of a new software update for Windows Phones that will launch this spring.
While Foursquare didn't directly say Cortana drove Microsoft to invest, it says partnerships like this are why the two companies paired up.
"Microsoft will use Foursquare's data to augment Microsoft's contextually-aware experiences in several current and upcoming Microsoft products, including Windows Phone and Windows and will provide an even richer local search experience in Bing," a Foursquare spokesperson told Business Insider.
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns