Jeff Bezos has had a wild summer of yachting around the Balearics and jetting off to Wimbledon with his girlfriend. Here's a look at how he spent his time.
- Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world, has had a long, wild summer, by the looks of it.
- After the terms of his divorce from MacKenzie Bezos were finalized in early July, he attended a string of high-profile events with famous friends and traveled all over Europe with his girlfriend, Lauren Sanchez.
- Below, take a look at the timeline of what the Amazon CEO was up to this summer.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Jeff Bezos has had a busy year.He continued to helm Amazon and invest in advancements like space exploration, but his personal life was put on display in a whole new way. He and MacKenzie Bezos finalized their divorce in July and he started a relationship with Lauren Sanchez.Advertisement
And what do you wear if you're a billionaire taking trips to Venice and yachting around the coast of Spain? In Bezos' case, it looks like the answer is octopus-print Vilebrequin swim trunks and Prada flip flops that retail for roughly $500.Keep reading to take a look at what Bezos has been up to this summer, from the exotic locales he's visited to the famous friends he's spent time with.
A company spokesperson declined to comment on Bezos' summer travels when reached by Business Insider.
In January, Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos announced that they were divorcing after 25 years of marriage. Their record-breaking divorce agreement was finalized in July, kickstarting a new phase a life for the Amazon CEO.
That new phase of Bezos' life includes exclusive events and traveling extensively with his girlfriend, Lauren Sanchez.Advertisement
Bezos started the summer early by attending the Met Gala in May. While he didn't participate in the "camp" theme, he did mingle with several members of the Kardashian family and Jared Leto.
Later in the month, he continued to rub elbows at the Statue of Liberty Museum Opening, where he shared a laugh with Hillary Clinton and hung out with David Letterman, Michael Bloomberg, and Oprah Winfrey.Advertisement
Bezos and Sanchez attended Wimbledon in early July.
They were all smiles at their first public outing post-divorce.Advertisement
Since then, Bezos and Sanchez have been traveling all over together. In early August, they were pictured partying with entertainment mogul David Geffen aboard his superyacht off the coast of Spain in the Balearic Islands.
Geffen's Rising Sun reportedly cost $590 million. It can accommodate 18 guests and even has a basketball court onboard.Advertisement
Bezos continued to spend plenty of time on yachts this summer. Shortly after cruising the Balearics with Geffen, he and Sanchez were also seen off the coast of Italy on Diane von Furstenberg's sailing yacht.
Diller and von Furstenberg's superyacht is the largest privately owned sailing yacht in the world at 305 feet, according to Architectural Digest.Advertisement
Bezos also partied with Katy Perry and Lil Nas X in Seattle at the end of August. The two celebrities performed at a concert for roughly 45,000 Amazon employees to celebrate a successful Prime Day.
Bezos even threw on the graffiti jacket Lil Nas X wore to perform for a fun Instagram post.Advertisement
- 40 fresh cases in Kerala, COVID-19 tally breaches 1,000 mark
- 55-yr-old COVID-19 positive man dies in Srinagar hospital; toll in J-K rises to 25
- Herd immunity in India is a terrible idea, says Harvard Professor
- Truecaller data of 47.5 million Indians on sale for ₹75,000, company denies database breach
- Corona patients facing higher rates of ICU admission in US: Study