Joe Biden's team reportedly sent a letter to top TV news execs demanding they stop booking Rudy Giuliani
- Joe Biden's campaign is reportedly demanding that major TV
newsnetworks stop booking US President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, on their programs, according to The Daily Beast.
- A letter sent on Sunday to news outlets like ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox News, called for the networks to stop booking Giuliani, who the letter alleges has been spreading lies about Biden.
- The letter lists appearances during which Giuliani brought up previously debunked information about Biden.
- "We write to demand that in service to the facts, you no longer book Rudy Giuliani, a surrogate for Donald Trump who has demonstrated that he will knowingly and willingly lie in order to advance his own narrative," the letter said.
- The letter was sent to key leaders at networks including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC on Sunday, Deadline reported.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Joe Biden's campaign reportedly wants Rudy Giuliani removed from the airwaves.Two top aides for the former vice president, now a frontrunner in the Democratic presidential race, demanded in a letter sent on Sunday that execs and anchors at major TV news outlets stop booking Giuliani on their programs, Maxwell Tani at the Daily Beast reported.Advertisement
The letter alleged that Giuliani, who is the personal lawyer to US President Donald Trump, has been spreading lies about Biden.
The letter lists appearances during which Giuliani allegedly peddled falsities about Biden. In one such example, Giuliani brought up a debunked conspiracy theory that alleged Biden pushed out a Ukranian prosecutor who was investigating his son, Hunter Biden, who once served on the board of Ukraine gas company Burisma.Fact checkers at The Washington Post and elsewhere found that the prosecutor had not been investigating Burisma at the time he was forced to step down. And others in the global community were also calling for the prosecutor's exit because he had allegedly turned a blind eye to corruption in the country.
"While you often fact check his statements in real time during your discussions, that is no longer enough," said the letter from Anita Dunn and Kate Bedingfield, two top Biden aides. "By giving him your air time, you are allowing him to introduce increasingly unhinged, unfounded and desperate lies into the national conversation."The letter went on to say: "We write to demand that in service to the facts, you no longer book Rudy Giuliani, a
surrogate for Donald Trump who has demonstrated that he will knowingly and willingly lie in order to advance his own narrative." If the networks do book Giuliani again, the letter insisted that a Biden surrogate been given equal time on the program.Advertisement
The letter was sent to presidents, anchors, and executive producers of major TV networks including ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC, reported Ted Johnson at Deadline, who also obtained a copy of the letter from a source in the campaign.
Biden's campaign did not immediately return Business Insider's request for comment.