John Doerr's pick for next Twitter CEO: Google's product chief or Netflix CEO Reed Hastings
"Reed Hastings would be a good CEO at Twitter. I think Sundar [Pichai] at Google would be a great CEO at Twitter," Doerr said in an interview with Bloomberg's Emily Chang."I think there's a lot talent out there. I think the board will do a good job in finding somebody to fill Dick's shoes," he added.
Doerr didn't provide any further thought to his reasoning, but he did note that Costolo's done a great job as CEO, bringing the company from roughly $3 billion to over $24 billion in market cap.Doerr also gave the golden answer to making Twitter a better overall product: "I'd like to see Twitter easier to use for my mom."
Costolo announced his resignation from Twitter's CEO role on Thursday, allowing Jack Dorsey to step in as interim CEO. Doerr was one of the early investors in Twitter, but mentioned he was not consulted about the recent management shake up during the interview.
- CarbonWatch — India’s first mobile app to calculate your carbon footprint falls short of what it is promising
- Reddit recovers from a major outage as GameStop shares soar over 100%
- Nureca stocks debut on bourses at 59% premium over IPO price
- How Airtel’s AdTech platform is planning to deliver on the promise of ‘zero ad frauds’ to its clients
- Traffic jam on the Ganga - one of India's largest rivers will now get lane separators to deal with crowded boats