Kanye West wore ripped jeans and a sparkly denim jacket to fashion's biggest event of the year
But he really outdid himself on this year's Met Gala red carpet. The theme for the annual charity event, which supports the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, was "Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology."
For Kanye, that apparently meant blue contacts, ripped jeans, and a sparkly metallic-looking denim jacket - all by his favorite fashion house, Balmain.
Let's say this first: as a whole, Kanye's outfit is not bad. It's adventurous, sure, but in that "he's taking risks and they're not all working" and not the "what a disaster" way.
Unfortunately for the "Life of Pablo" rapper, the Met Gala is a black-tie event. That means tuxedos, or since it's a relatively fashion-forward event, something that at least approximates it.
Last year at the gala Kanye did great with a black velvet number, and while we weren't quite sure what exactly to call the garment, it at least looked appropriate.
This year, it looks like Kanye forgot he was going to a black-tie event altogether and just showed up in something he might wear on the street.
What can you learn from this? That it doesn't matter how cool and fashion-forward your outfit is - if it's completely wrong for the event, it's just wrong.
We're big fans of adhering to strict dress codes, and unfortunately Kanye's outfit just doesn't fit into the strict Met Gala guidelines.
If you're Kanye, you can get away with pretty much everything. But that doesn't mean you should.
Kanye:- Yoshimi (@ryonsrackie) May 3, 2016
*light white tee*
ok I'm ready
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Bill Gates says political polarization 'may bring it all to an end' and could even lead to a civil war
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- Best earbuds under ₹2000 in 2022
- RBI’s interest rate hikes not over yet, but intensity might come down
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- 75% off and more – Grab the best deals on laptops, smartwatches, tablets, headphones and more on Amazon today
- Amazon rolled out a live shopping feature via content creators and social media influencers in India
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World