Lyft reportedly tried to sell itself to Uber and several other companies - and failed
Lyft tried to sell itself to several companies, but came up short, according to The New York Times.Lyft reportedly approached General Motors, Apple, Google, Amazon, Uber, and Didi Chuxing about selling the ride-hailing company. The most serious discussions were with GM, one of the largest Lyft investors, but a written offer was never made.
The ride-hailing service, however, isn't in any danger of shutting down with a $1.4 billion cash cushion, the NYT reports.Lyft did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
- Indian grooming startup Bombay Shaving Company gets ₹45 crore investment from Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser
- Top stocks to watch on January 28
- Farmer unions cancel Budget day march to Parliament, but say their agitation will continue
- 9 people died and 16 hospitalised out of 23,28,779 people vaccinated till now in India, but Additional Secretary, Health, said that none of the deaths are linked to the Covid-19 vaccination
- Naidu reviews arrangements for Budget Session of Parliament