MILLION-DOLLAR URLS: The most expensive domain names of all time
Quite a lot of cash.We scoured domain name resource DN Journal and put together a list of documented million-dollar, domain-only ".com" sales. Some have been squatted on for 20 years and have only recently traded hands.Advertisement
Unsurprisingly, sex- and gambling-related domains are some of the biggest money makers.
NOTE: Web businesses have other assets and are not domain-only sales, so they were not eligible for this list. For example, Insure.com was bought for $16 million as a fully-operating, profitable company. DN Journal reports only the domain names sold after 2003 because prior sales are not verified by credible sources.
- More than prepared to deal with coronavirus, says Kejriwal as cases cross 18K, deaths reach 416
- Spike in COVID-19 cases could have been avoided if migrants allowed to go before lockdown: Report
- 246 new coronavirus cases in MP, nine deaths
- 12 more succumb to COVID-19, 262 fresh cases in UP
- Pune sees 151 new COVID-19 cases, 8 deaths on Saturday