MSN Messenger - Which Once Had 330 Million Users - Has Finally, Completely Died (Taking A Piece Of Your Youth With It)
At its peak, MSN Messenger had 330 million users worldwide. For scale, that's about three times greater than the current number of Snapchat users and about three quarters of the number of all current Gmail users.
Now that MSN Messenger will officially close on Oct. 31, Microsoft is offering all Chinese users of the service a $2 Skype coupon to ease the transition.MSN Messenger and Skype have seen increased competition in China following the rise of rival messaging platform QQ. Gigaom reports that the Tencent-owned company has over 200 million users.
Here is what it looked like in its classic format:
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry