Make in India: Now Mercedes Benz buses to be exported from India
The world's largest truck manufacterer Daimler AG will export luxury buses for Mercedes Benz to countries in Africa and South East Asia.
This is the first time Mercedes in exporting luxury vehicles out of India. The current busses have been designed, built and adopted for the local market.
The company is currently in the process of surveying possible markets in the two continents. The exports are set to begin from next year.
Volvo is also planning to export buses to some of the developed countries some time in the coming quarters.
There is no doubt that India with its cost advantage and focus on quality has established itself as an attractive export base for top auto companies.
(Image credit: Daimler)
- OnePlus to host special sale on May 29 as production issues delay open sale
- `Marketing in the times of Covid-19: Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
- Death toll due to COVID-19 rises to 4,531, number of cases climb to 1.58 lakh
- India-based firms are creating fake WHO accounts to scam business leaders
- S&P projects Indian economy to contract 5 pc in FY'21