Make in India: Now Mercedes Benz buses to be exported from India
The world's largest truck manufacterer Daimler AG will export luxury buses for Mercedes Benz to countries in Africa and South East Asia.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUThis is the first time Mercedes in exporting luxury vehicles out of India. The current busses have been designed, built and adopted for the local market.
The company is currently in the process of surveying possible markets in the two continents. The exports are set to begin from next year.
Volvo is also planning to export buses to some of the developed countries some time in the coming quarters.
There is no doubt that India with its cost advantage and focus on quality has established itself as an attractive export base for top auto companies.
Advertisement(Image credit: Daimler)
- Long-lasting laptops with durable build quality
- Sensex has hit a new record but it's not clear if it will trek higher
- The rise in global crude oil prices may make India's April-June exports data look really good
- Baba Ramdev and Patanjali-owned Ruchi Soya wants to raise money from the market again
- Best office chairs for working from home