Marissa Mayer Is Firing ~500 Under-Performing Yahoo Employees
After joining the company in July 2012, Mayer instituted new employee performance reviews one year ago.Now, Swisher reports, Mayer is planning to let go any employees who were rated "misses" or "occasionally misses" at least twice during the past five quarters.
Yahoo has many thousands more employees than many industry experts believes it needs to have.Before Mayer took over Yahoo, top executives there had plans to cut headcount from ~15,000 down to ~4,000 - though that would have involved spinning out Yahoo's search business.
- 'Democracy has prevailed' says Joe Biden as he takes oath as the 46th President of the United States
- PM Modi congratulates Joe Biden, says he looks forward to strengthen India-US partnership
- Democracy has prevailed, says US President Joe Biden in his first speech. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Joe Biden takes oath as 46th US President amidst unprecedented security. PTI ZH AKJ ZH ZH
- Kamala Devi Harris creates history as she takes oath as Vice President of USA