Mark Zuckerberg talks about the 'Facebook killer': 'We will keep doing all we can to prevent tragedies like this'
Early in his talk, Zuckerberg addressed the big Facebook news story of the moment: Steve Stephens, who was the subject of a nationwide manhunt after he posted a Facebook video showing him killing an elderly man.Even politicians like Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf called Stephens the "Facebook killer" after police said Stephens killed himself on Tuesday. Advertisement
"We have a lot more to do here," Zuckerberg said. "We're reminded of this this week by the tragedy in Cleveland. Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Robert Godwin Sr., and we have a lot more work and we will keep doing all we can to prevent tragedies like this from happening."
After a pause, Zuckerberg returned to discussing Facebook technologies and products.Watch Facebook's F8 presentation below:
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19