Mark Zuckerberg will be tackling disease with the $45 billion he plans to give away during his lifetime
As part of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, the couple will fund disease research, they wrote in the note."Our initial areas of focus will be personalized learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities," they wrote.
"Once we recognize that your generation and your children's generation may not have to suffer from disease, we collectively have a responsibility to tilt our investments a bit more towards the future to make this reality. Your mother and I want to do our part."Zuckerberg and Chan were pragmatic about advancing disease treatments and cures.
"Curing disease will take time. Over short periods of five or ten years, it may not seem like we're making much of a difference. But over the long term, seeds planted now will grow, and one day, you or your children will see what we can only imagine: a world without suffering from disease."With $45 billion to give away, and with health research getting some part of that, the world likely be a healthier place for baby Max.
- Apart from the big cat, the Pench Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh flaunts a variety of fabulous residents
- Virat Kohli is on the third position as per winning percentage as captain in international test matches
- Minor tremor felt in Jammu & Kashmir, no casualty or damage reported
- International Women's Day 2021 messages and wishes
- Budget session of T'gana Legislature likely this month: CM