Mark Zuckerberg will be tackling disease with the $45 billion he plans to give away during his lifetime
As part of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, the couple will fund disease research, they wrote in the note."Our initial areas of focus will be personalized learning, curing disease, connecting people and building strong communities," they wrote.
"Once we recognize that your generation and your children's generation may not have to suffer from disease, we collectively have a responsibility to tilt our investments a bit more towards the future to make this reality. Your mother and I want to do our part."Zuckerberg and Chan were pragmatic about advancing disease treatments and cures.
"Curing disease will take time. Over short periods of five or ten years, it may not seem like we're making much of a difference. But over the long term, seeds planted now will grow, and one day, you or your children will see what we can only imagine: a world without suffering from disease."With $45 billion to give away, and with health research getting some part of that, the world likely be a healthier place for baby Max.
- Pepperfry's Diwali ad will remind you of all the times you fought with your loved ones for your favourite spot at home
- Best screwdrivers for your tool drawer
- Mumbai local railways ready to open suburban trains for all commuters
- Andhra Pradesh government allows schools and colleges to reopen from November 2
- Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France