Markets Are Falling, The Euro's Tumbling
Britain's FTSE 100 is down 0.1%.
France's CAC 40 is down 0.3%.
Germany's DAX is down 0.2%.
Spain's IBEX is down 0.3%.
Italy's FTSE MIB is down 1.3%.
All of this comes after a slew of GDP reports that showed France's economy halted, Italy's economy contracted, and Portugal's economy tanked. Meanwhile, Germany seems to be doing fine growing 0.8% in Q1. Altogether, the euro zone grew 0.2% in Q1, missing expectations for 0.4% growth.
The weak data puts increasing pressure on the European Central Bank to act at its upcoming June monetary policy meeting.
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity