Mastering artificial intelligence the next big focus of Flipkart
Bansal's comments, are of a piece with Flipkart's efforts to expand capability in technology areas such as data analytics and mobility.
"The big disruption that is happening across the world is the rise of artificial intelligence," the 34-year-old said on Friday at an event organised by The Indus Entrepreneurs in Bengaluru.
"At Flipkart that is a huge focus for us." Earlier this year, Flipkart hired former
"The number of shopping experiences will become more and more human, rather than talking to a machine that's pretty dumb," said Bansal, who studied at IIT Delhi and worked at Amazon before launching Flipkart with batchmate Binny Bansal in 2007.
"This is still work in progress but it will become one of the big reasons for consumers to choose one way or another."
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Silicon Valley needs to stop laying off workers and start firing CEOs
- A laid-off Google engineer describes losing his 'only career' 16 years after starting as an intern
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- Entropik raises $25 mn from Bessemer Venture Partners, SIG & others
- E-commerce giant eBay to layoff 500 employees
- India to grow at 6.4% in FY24 says RBI, projects FY23 growth rate at 7%
- Hero MotoCorp shares fall 2% after earnings announcement
- Cold drinks, candy & now 'change': India to test coin vending machines that use UPI