McDonald's Is Cutting A Ton Of Menu Items
The fast food giant will remove eight items and five extra-value meals from the menu next month, reports Julie Jargon at The Wall Street Journal.It's unclear which items will be eliminated.
The fast-food giant's sales are declining, with the overloaded menu being cited as a major problem.
CEO Don Thompson stressed that the restaurant was going back-to-basics in a recent call with investors."We are streamlining our merchandising menu board and product offerings and in addition to making it easier for customer to order their favorite products, this will reduce complexity in our restaurants which in turn should enhance accuracy and speed of service," he said. McDonald's eliminated its Angus Third Pounder burgers from the menu last year.
At the same time, it has added items like the McWrap, Blueberry Pomengranate smoothie, and Egg White Delight breakfast sandwich.
The chain has also been focused on allowing customers to build their own burger with toppings.
- Best smartphones under ₹20,000 in India
- From You’re Worth It to Stand up, how L’Oréal Paris’ communication has empowered women over the years
- Women in Leadership: Past, Present and Future
- Ola loses another founding member as Pranay Jivrajka leaves the ride-hailing giant
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 9