Meet the first-ever robot citizen - a humanoid named Sophia that once said it would 'destroy humans'
Graham Flanagan/Business Insider
As of October 25, Sophia is the first robot in history to be a full citizen of a country.
Sophia was developed by Hanson Robotics, led by AI developer David Hanson. It spoke at this year's Future Investment Initiative, held in the Saudi Arabian capital of Riyadh.
Sophia once said it would "destroy humans," but this time around the robot spoke about its desire to live peaceably among humans.
Here's what the robot is all about.
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again