Mercedes is thinking about taking on Ferrari with a new supercar
The company is mulling the introduction of a new dedicated AMG model, like the current GT coupe, that will be inspired by its Formula One team, British car publication AutoCar reported.
The team, currently running as Mercedes AMG Petronas, captured world titles during the 2014 and 2015 seasons and has already won the first three races of 2016. Much of this success has been attributed to their engine, a turbocharged V6 hybrid monster that remains unmatched by the likes of Ferrari, Renault, and Honda.
Autocar quoted one Mercedes official as saying that the team currently possesses the "most energy-dense hybrid pack in existence," and that it was time the company employed that technology in road cars.
The car would compete with the Ferrari 488 GTB and the McLaren 650S, and return Mercedes to the segment it previously occupied with the SLS supercar, which ceased production in 2015.
It would also further capitalize on the success of the AMG brand, which doubled its sales from 32,000 in 2013 to 68,000 in 2015 with a range of new models.
Read the full AutoCar story here.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World