Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella's first big hire got a $7.8 million signing bonus
When Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella convinced Johnson to work for the company as its VP of business development after 24 years at San Diego's Qualcomm, he sweetened the offer with a $7.8 million signing bonus.Thanks to that one-time bonus, Johnson's total annual pay for fiscal 2015 adds up to a hefty $14.53 million.
Johnson's overall $14.53 million pay package puts her just below Nadella, who made just shy of $18.3 million in the fiscal year ending June 2015. But it puts her ahead of Kevin Turner, traditionally the highest-paid exec after the CEO at Microsoft, with almost $12.2 million.It's also worth noting that Johnson's $7.8 million signing bonus is a mix of cash and stocks, so she won't be able to cash out entirely until her stock vests in 2018.
- Sonu Sood to launch blood bank app to connect donors with those in urgent need of blood
- India has the third highest number of women in senior management positions globally, according to Grant Thornton
- RIL, banks lift Sensex 1100 points higher, Nifty tops 15,200 mark
- Gujarat's annual budget for the next financial year has a surplus of ₹588 crore
- COVID-19 vaccine doses will available around the clock in India