Microsoft launched a Chrome browser extension acknowledging Google's dominance
The extension, which is available for Windows and Mac, is a free download and can be used to quickly create Office files on- and offline. As Microsoft starts to focus more on cloud-based computing with Office 365, enabling users the ability to access these services quickly, and from anywhere, is a key part of the plan.Microsoft making a Chrome suggests the company is increasingly willing to work on whichever platform is most popular, even if it isn't their own. According to Gartner, Chrome is rapidly overtaking Internet Explorer in key markets - such as enterprise - and Microsoft is shifting strategies to accommodate this.
Office Online is available free for non-enterprise users who need an Office 365 account.
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases