Microsoft launched a Chrome browser extension acknowledging Google's dominance
The extension, which is available for Windows and Mac, is a free download and can be used to quickly create Office files on- and offline. As Microsoft starts to focus more on cloud-based computing with Office 365, enabling users the ability to access these services quickly, and from anywhere, is a key part of the plan.Microsoft making a Chrome suggests the company is increasingly willing to work on whichever platform is most popular, even if it isn't their own. According to Gartner, Chrome is rapidly overtaking Internet Explorer in key markets - such as enterprise - and Microsoft is shifting strategies to accommodate this.Advertisement
Ironically, Microsoft's latest browser, Edge, doesn't support extensions, and likely won't until summer 2016. However, the fact that Microsoft services work on other browsers means that users will be able to switch over easily - albeit at the expense of Edge's market share.
Office Online is available free for non-enterprise users who need an Office 365 account.
- Chhattisgarh records 2,551 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths
- Ahmedabad reports 193 new COVID-19 cases, 256 recoveries
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti - Interesting facts about the 'father of the nation'
- 1,108 COVID-19 cases in Nashik, tally reaches 76,984
- Surat district records 288 COVID-19 cases, 299 recoveries