More than 8,000 store closures were announced in 2017 - here's the full list
Retailers are closing thousands of stores following years of declines in sales and customer traffic.
Bankruptcies accounted for a large chunk of the stores that have closed or are closing. But a tough physical retail environment stemming from steeper online competition is also being blamed.
We compiled a list of the 8,053 closures that were announced in 2017.
Some retailers have released lists of which of their locations will be closing. To find out if a store near you is shutting down, click on the retailers in the following list:
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns