Mouthwatering meals on the 20 best airlines in the world
Over 300,000 people cast votes for the best islands, cities, hotels and airlines on the planet, and some of the most luxurious airlines in the world have made it onto the list.Many airlines in this year's ranking - such as Etihad, Qatar and Quantas - are well-known for the upscale services and meals they serve to elite passengers.Advertisement
To get a feel for what it's really like to fly in style on the world's best airlines, we looked at the meals available in first and business class.
From perfect bacon and eggs with Lufthansa to champagne and caviar with Emirates, this is how those willing to dish out dine in the skies.
20. Lufthansa's bacon and eggs for First Class passengers look more appealing than the average in-flight breakfast.
19. Even the desserts on Asiana Airlines — like this lemon cheesecake served in First Class — are beautifully presented.Advertisement
18. Thai Airways offers generous servings to Business Class passengers. This light smoked salmon lunch comes with garlic bread, cheese, crackers and complimentary drinks.
17. Colombian airline Avianca is also great for portion sizes. This Business Class dinner enjoyed a Waldorf salad starter, beef for the main course, and a selection of cheeses to finish.Advertisement
16. KLM's First and Business Class fares include upscale in-flight dishes created by two Michelin-starred chef Onno Kokmeijer. All main courses are accompanied by a starter and a dessert, as well as an optional glass of wine.
15. From September to November Swiss Air is offering its Business and First Class passengers a menu inspired by dishes from the Swiss region of St Gallen, like this selection of cold cuts. All meals are served with wine which has been selected by a professional sommelier.Advertisement
14. Etihad Airways is known as one of the most luxurious airlines in the world, so it's no wonder that Business Class breakfasts, like these fluffy pancakes, are served with champagne.
13. EVA Air provides its passengers with light, refreshing lunches in First Class such as this prawn and mango salad.Advertisement
12. Turkish Airlines serves simple Mediterranean dishes like this mezze platter to Business Class passengers. The meal includes a side salad, dessert and a glass of wine to wash it all down.
11. Depending on where you fly to, Cathay Pacific's Business Class menu includes Chinese-inspired dishes like pork with egg fried rice and comes with a side salad, dessert, and wine.Advertisement
10. Quantas recently launched an eight-course tasting menu for its first class passengers, meaning you're guaranteed to have a fine dining experience. Dishes on the a la carte menu include lobster cocktail, caviar and rack of lamb.
9. Canada's Porter Airlines doesn't provide a hot meal, but you can get a light lunch such as a sandwich or pasta salad. There is no Business or First Class seating but the snacks, beer, and wine are complimentary for all passengers.Advertisement
8. Korean Air's Business Class passengers are treated to a range of regional dishes such as miso soup, sushi and fresh fruit.
7. Virgin Atlantic is famous for its upscale in-flight meals. This fillet of beef with a potato puree is available in Upper Class.Advertisement
6. The food on Virgin Australia flights is equally exquisite. Business Class passengers are offered a three-course menu including starters like this smoked salmon dish.
5. Japanese firm All Nippon Airways (ANA) offers everything from sushi and miso soup to wagyu beef steak. The four-course meal includes a starter, fish course, main, dessert and wine.Advertisement
4. Qatar Airways serves First Class travellers a traditional Middle Eastern breakfast platter.
3. Air New Zealand's Busisness Class passengers can sample light dishes like smoked salmon gravadlax with beetroot.Advertisement
2. Emirates, the second best airline in the world, serves Iranian caviar as a starter in First and Business Class.
1. Singapore Airlines — which has retained its title as the world's best airline for a second year — wows its First Class passengers with fragrant Asian dishes like this sea bass with stir-fried vegetables and rice.Advertisement
- Indian and Chinese army hold fresh talks to discuss disengagement in Depsang plains
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurates a 400-bed COVID-19 hospital in Noida
- These are the tabletop airports in India – two of them have seen major plane crashes in last 10 years
- India registers 61,537 new COVID-19 cases and 933 more deaths, taking the total toll to 42,518
- A landslide in Kerala's Idukki has left 18 dead and over 50 missing