NOBODY KNOWS NOTHING: A Month Ago 5,000 World Leaders Got Together To Discuss The Big Problems - And No One Mentioned Ukraine
Nobody saw it coming.Nobody, that is, in the group of global leaders, thinkers, media, business-people, etc., who consider themselves on top of all of the world's key issues, chatter about important matters on TV every night, and attend events like January's annual World Economic Forum in Davos.
Meanwhile, no one mentioned Ukraine.Even as late as last week, when everyone delighted in looking at pictures of ousted Ukrainian President Yanukovych's polished mansion and private zoo, few pundits were predicting that the Ukrainian situation could suddenly lead to a Russian invasion and a tense 90-minute telephone call between the President of the United States and the King president of Russia, as well as the escalating crisis that we're all now obsessed with.
Which is good reminder of a maxim that is useful when it comes to evaluating the never-ending predictions about world events, market moves, and other items of supposed consequence that we all hear every day:Nobody knows nothing.
- UltraTech Cement's ₹5,477 crore expansion plan is a sign that Birla is betting on a faster economic recovery
- SBI’s mobile banking app is down for the third time in 30 days — digital services take a hit for the 25th time this year
- HCL Tech's Roshni Nadar is India's richest woman in 2020, according to Kotak Wealth Hurun India list
- Hero ISL’s viewership for the first 8 matches has grown by 16% in comparison to last year
- Reliance Infratel resolution plan approved by NCLT Mumbai – Jio to pick up the tower unit