Nancy Pelosi says San Francisco salon leaked footage of her hair appointment as part of a 'setup'
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday accused a San Francisco salon of leaking footage of her getting her hair done, saying, "It was a setup."
- “I take responsibility for trusting the word of a neighborhood salon that I’ve been to over the years many times,” Pelosi told reporters on Wednesday.
- The California Democrat was caught on video obtained by Fox News at an indoor hair appointment although salons are only allowed to serve clients outdoors.
- Pelosi has faced widespread criticism for violating coronavirus-related restrictions.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Wednesday that she was "set up" by the San Francisco salon that leaked footage of her at a hair appointment the previous day.
"I take responsibility for trusting the word of a neighborhood salon that I've been to over the years many times," Pelosi told reporters on Wednesday. "When they said they were able to accommodate people one person at a time, I trusted that. As it turns out, it was a setup."
These comments come after the California Democrat was seen in a security video obtained by Fox News with a face mask around her neck, walking inside ESalonSF. The footage prompted backlash, with conservative critics accusing Pelosi of violating coronavirus regulations. Hairstyling services resumed in San Francisco on Sept. 1, but only outdoors.
"I just had my hair washed. I don't wear a mask when I'm washing my hair. Do you wear a mask when you're washing your hair?" Pelosi said. "I always have a mask … And that picture is when I just came out of the bowl." She was referring to the shampoo bowl where customers get their hair washed during appointments.
Her spokesperson, Drew Hammill, said that the instance caught on camera was the only time during the visit that she wasn't wearing the mask that health experts say helps to reduce the spread of the highly contagious coronavirus.
"I think that this salon owes me an apology for setting me up," Pelosi added.
In another tweet, Trump blasted Pelosi for "lecturing" others on wearing masks but disobeying the guidance herself.
"Crazy Nancy Pelosi is being decimated for having a beauty parlor opened, when all others are closed, and for not wearing a Mask - despite constantly lecturing everyone else," he wrote. "We will almost certainly take back the House, and send Nancy packing!"
Editor's Note: This story has been updated to correct the name of the salon, which is ESalonSF , according to Fox News.
- The phenomenon behind tumultuous prices
- RBI extends deadline to exchange, deposit Rs 2,000 notes till Oct 7
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams