Nasdaq launches new fintech index
Nasdaq and KBW launched a new fintech index on July 18, 2016.
The index will track the performance of companies that leverage technology to deliver financial products and services and represents approximately $785 million in total market cap.
The index has 49 fintech companies including major data, exchange, trading and payments companies. Their distribution is nearly exclusively electronic.
Global investment in fintech ventures in the first quarter of 2016 reached $5.3 billion, a 67 percent increase over the same period last year, according to a report issued by Accenture last month.
Companies represented in the new fintech index (KFTX) include Paypal, MarketAxess, CME Group, and Visa. In addition to the KFTX, there is a total return version of the Index that has simultaneously launched.
The KBQ Nasdaq index family now includes 10 indexes.
- Indian startup founders celebrate Paytm’s success as company posts first operating profit
- Kim Jong Un abruptly reappears after 36 days out of the spotlight and orders North Korea to 'prepare for war'
- OpenAI makes a ChatGPT-like tool called Codex that can write software. Here's why Codex won't replace developers and will instead create more demand for their skills.
- PM Modi endorses Indian Oil's 'Surya Nutan' solar cooker at India Energy Week! Should you switch?
- Adani Power's Q3 profit plunges 96% to Rs 9 cr as expenses rise
- After an Ather 450X catches fire, the company says its battery is safe — fire was due to a wiring harness issue
- CCTV camera for home with mobile connectivity for 2023
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000