Netflix is in free fall - down 25% in its last 3 days of trading
The entire stock market is getting annihilated, especially tech and media stocks. But Netflix's stock has been falling for the past several days, and shows no sign of letting up.Last week, Netflix fell 7.8% on Thursday and then 7.6% on Friday. If you add these to the approximately 11% it was down at writing, that's a quarter of the company's value gone in the past week.Advertisement
The initial Netflix downturn began on Thursday, when media stocks began to fall after Disney and Time Warner were downgraded by analysts from Sanford C. Bernstein, who changed their rating from "outperform" to "market perform."
But Netflix has continued to plummet to a much greater degree than other traditional media properties.Prominent tech stocks like Facebook, Apple, and Twitter are also down. Apple's share price fell below $100 at one point during trading today. But Netflix is leading the nosedive.
NOW WATCH: More trouble for Subway's Jared Fogle...
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar