New Jersey Cheerleader Sues Her Own Parents To Force Them To Pay For College
Rachel Canning, 18, a cheerleader at Morris Catholic High School, claims her parents kicked her out of their home and refused to pay for her college tuition.Her lawsuit - which is funded by the lawyer father of one of the teen's friends - seeks immediate financial support from her parents and an order requiring them to pay for her college.Advertisement
"We are being sued by our child, I'm dumbfounded so is my wife and so are my other daughters," Sean Canning told CBS in a television interview. Her parents also deny her allegations that they're refusing to pay for college."We have a college fund that's available to her and there's no doubt about that. But it's the equivalent of going shopping at a high-end store and sending somebody the bill," her father told CBS.
However, Rachel says her parents are just making excuses, telling the Daily Record they've "rationalized their actions by blaming me for not following their rules."
- Domestic flights resume after two months: Delhi's first departure is to Pune and Mumbai's first to Patna
- 46 more test COVID positive in Assam, total cases near 400
- Turkey confirms 32 deaths, 1,141 new COVID-19 cases
- COVID: As 2 more test positive, Hamirpur continues to have highest number of cases in HP
- Himachal COVID-19 tally crosses 200 as 18 news cases reported