New York area airport workers call off strike
Getty Images/Andrew Burton
The security services provider has reached an agreement with employees that had planned to strike, according to Juan Chapman, a worker at the airport.A strike could have impacted Delta Air Lines , which contracts the workers, although the airline said on Tuesday that it was taking measures to ensure its customers would not be affected.
In a statement, Command Security said that "today that its Aviation Safeguards ("AVSG") division has agreed to labor peace with the Service Employees International Union ("SEIU") New York Local 32BJ."The statement continued: "This process guarantees that the employees of AVSG will maintain their right to choose representation or not. Furthermore, our employees will be guaranteed a peaceful environment in which to make this decision."
(Reporting by Jeffrey Dastin in New York, editing by G Crosse)
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549
- Facebook removes 915 malicious accounts and 606 fake accounts from Instagram in February