Nintendo's first smartphone game launches this week
Are you ready for Nintendo on your smartphone? Here's hoping you are, because Nintendo's totally about to be on your smartphone.
Behold: "Miitomo," the first smartphone game from Nintendo.Advertisement
Nintendo calls it "a free-to-start social experience that lets users spark one-of-a-kind conversations with friends in a whole new way using Mii characters."Folks who've used the Nintendo Wii, 3DS or Wii U will no doubt recognize the ubiquitous "Mii" avatars - on Nintendo's various consoles, these characters stand in as virtual representations of you.
Rather than a strict game, "Miitomo" is a social experience that's meant to facilitate goofy interactions with other friends who are using the app. You'll create a character, connect that character to your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts, and... okay, what else?"After that step is complete, it's time to answer some questions!" Nintendo says.What kinds of questions? Glad you asked!Advertisement
- How would you define your fashion style?
- What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
- If you were given ten grand to spend in one day, what would you do?
Indeed. Indeed. It's a kind of game-ified social network starring Nintendo's Mii avatars.
Worry not, friends! Nintendo has more traditional games coming to mobile at some point this year. In the meantime, however, there's "Miitomo," arriving for free on iPhone and Android phones on Thursday, March 31.Advertisement
- Best pop up camera smartphones in India for a distraction free viewing experience
- Bird poop worth $470 million is at risk — could hold the key to saving seabirds across the world
- COVID crashed profit and Pidilite couldn’t fix it— yet
- There are five companies making Favipiravir now — and it is good for supply and prices
- Best 5,000mAh battery smartphones