Nissan has a wild vision of how electric cars will be used in the future
In the future, your electric car may be a lot more than just a means of transportation.
In a new video published by Nissan, the company shows how electric cars could one day be used to power your home, office, and city.
While Nissan's vision may seem somewhat far-fetched, the truth is some cities are already experimenting with using similar technology.For example, researchers at Korea's Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in South Korea developed a seven mile road that was capable of wirelessly charging buses while they drove.
The UK government also announced last year that it would begin testing technology that could charge cars wirelessly.
As for cars being able to autonomously drive around looking for a charging station, we're already beginning to see that as well.Almost every major automaker is developing self-driving technology and Tesla vehicles with Autopilot and the BMW 7 Series are already capable of parking and unparking autonomously.
Check out the company's full video below.
NOW WATCH: A $35,000 Tesla is coming
- Maruti Suzuki completes two million vehicle exports since 1986-87
- New tool spots to identify security and privacy issues with COVID-19 tracing apps
- Countdown begins for PSLV rocket's one of longest missions
- Cisco partners with Nasscom and AICTE to offer 20,000 virtual internships in cybersecurity
- Facebook launches TikTok-like app for creating, sharing raps