Nokia Workers Union Representatives Meet Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
Labour union representatives of the Nokia factory near Chennai met Union Commerce Minister
They even suggested that the government should take over the plant, if nothing else materialises. Sitharaman assured that she would take up the matter with the Finance Ministry. Nokia has announced to suspend operations at that factory from November 1.
A Soundararajan, MLA and head of the
Around 6,000 jobs are at stake due to the closure.
- 1.28 lakh people over 60 years get 1st dose of COVID vaccine on first day
- Chinese hackers target Indian vaccine makers SII and Bharat Biotech: Report
- GST revenue up 7% year-on-year in February to over ₹1.13 lakh crore
- Here is the list of common side-effects of COVID-19, so that you don't panic if you get these
- These are the top 10 likely IPOs scheduled in March 2021