Nordstrom's Employee Handbook Has Only One Rule
"Throughout their history, they have consistently provided some of the best service in the industry," says Robin Lewis, CEO of The Robin Report.
While other retailers have extensive employee handbooks, Nordstrom's is incredibly simple.
"Our employee handbook is a single card that says 'Use good judgment in all situations,'" Nordstrom spokesperson Dan Evans told Business Insider.
Nordstrom shared the handbook with us.
The simple message shows that Nordstrom trusts its workers, and could contribute to its better-than-average morale and retention.
The company also offers the second-highest wages in fashion retail, paying an average of $11.89 an hour, according to Glassdoor.
- Reliance Industries' net profit crosses ₹15,000 crore in September quarter
- Reliance Retail's revenue has fallen short of its own record by ₹2,000 crore
- Reliance confirms JioPhone Next will be launched in time for Diwali
- SEBI approves Paytm’s $2.2 billion IPO, company explores November listing
- Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation re-elects K Madhavan as its President