Nordstrom's Employee Handbook Has Only One Rule
"Throughout their history, they have consistently provided some of the best service in the industry," says Robin Lewis, CEO of The Robin Report.
While other retailers have extensive employee handbooks, Nordstrom's is incredibly simple.
"Our employee handbook is a single card that says 'Use good judgment in all situations,'" Nordstrom spokesperson Dan Evans told Business Insider.
Nordstrom shared the handbook with us.
The simple message shows that Nordstrom trusts its workers, and could contribute to its better-than-average morale and retention.
The company also offers the second-highest wages in fashion retail, paying an average of $11.89 an hour, according to Glassdoor.
- Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says he's been able to get his money out of China, but investing in the country is still a 'dilemma' amid national security laws
- The Carnival cruise passenger who went overboard and remains missing was on his first cruise and it became his 'happy place,' his fiancée said
- Elon Musk told Chinese Tesla workers in a late night speech that their hard work 'warms my heart' — 6 weeks after some complained about bonus cuts
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala