Office For iPad Has Been Downloaded 27 Million Times, Doubled In A Month, Microsoft Says
The app has been downloaded about 27 million times, Microsoft's Julia White told the crowd during Monday's keynote at its TechEd customer conference in Houston. White is general manager of Microsoft's Office Division.That's more than double the number of downloads Microsoft reported just over a month ago, on April 3, a week after launch. Microsoft tweeted then that Office for iPad had been downloaded more than 12 million times.
In April, Microsoft said it had 4.4 million paid users of the personal versions of Office for iPad.That means most of those 27 million downloads are from business users with corporate Office 365 accounts.
That's a good news/bad news thing for Microsoft. It means its cash cow business, Office, remains popular with companies even as they buy an increasing number of iPads instead of Windows tablets.
- COVID-19: These are the most affected cities in India with the highest number of cases
- ISRO partners with France to launch India's first human spaceflight mission Gaganyaan
- Total TV Owning Households grew by 6.9% to reach 210 million in 2020: BARC Report
- Flipkart acquires Cleartrip in an effort to cement its position in the travel booking segment
- Twitter details plan to understand if its algorithms are causing ‘unintentional harms’