Oil holds $60 as ant-government protests in Iran provide support
Jonathan GarberJan 2, 2018, 06.27 PM
Read full story
- West Texas Intermediate crude oil is holding the $60 per barrel mark as anti-government protests in Iran provide support.
- Tuesday's bid has WTI trading up 0.63% at $60.48 a barrel, and at its best level since June 2015.
- At least 20 people are dead and more than 450 have been detained since the protests began last week, according to the Associated Press.
- WTI has rallied about 5% since OPEC producers and Russia announced the oil production cuts were extended through 2018.
- A move above $62.58 will have WTI trading at its best level since December 2014.