PRESENTING: Everything you need to know about bitcoin and blockchain in one epic slideshow
Bitcoin is a digital-only currency not backed by any central bank, while the blockchain is the software underpinning it.
Blockchain uses complex cryptography to ensure transactions can't be tampered with and people sending and receiving money are who they say they are.
Jeremy Millar, a partner at technology bank Magister, told Business Insider blockchain is the fastest growing industry he's ever seen. There are a huge number of startups trying to use both bitcoin and blockchain to do a variety of different things.
Banks in particular are excited about the potential savings and benefits blockchain technology could offer them. Thirty top investment banks have joined an industry-wide group looking at potential uses and plenty of banks are experimenting with the technology themselves behind closed doors.
Magister's report is split into four sections - the bitcoin ecosystem, the blockchain ecosystem, and profiles of companies in each sector.
Magister has given BI permission to reproduce its presentation - check it out below.
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS