Patagonia founder: 'Trump is the perfect person to take us to the apocalypse'
In a recent interview with The New Yorker, the environmentalist and businessman painted a dark picture of the future when the topic of the current election cycle came up."Trump is the perfect person to take us to the apocalypse," Chouinard told the New Yorker, after claiming we're "seeing the end of empire, the end of globalism."Advertisement
Chouinard has a bit of a history of outspoken, blunt opinions. He fiercely opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade agreement between countries that's become a controversial issue throughout the election, noting that his criticism got himself "On Obama's shit list."His biggest concern, however, is climate change.
"Nobody's mentioning global warming," Chouinard said. "No one wants to deal with it."In response, Chouinard said: "That was her environmental message? Oh, God."Advertisement
- Google gives workers Rs 75K each, to reopen offices from July 6 (Ld)
- Smartphone industry slowly getting back on track: Vivo India
- West Bengal resumes passengers flights tomorrow— Here are the guidelines for air passengers
- Maha: Civic building shut as doctor tests COVID-19 positive
- Create virtual experiences to turn the tide: Facebook-BCG report