Paytm just disrupted the way entrepreneurs do business
Currently, they already have 15 lakh merchants on their platform.
The process is simple and is done in 4 steps with the merchant going on 'accept payments' on the top right of the app and then going on to fill the card details of the customer trying to make the payment.
The entire process will take less than 5 minutes. However, if Rs 50,000 was feeling limited for a merchant, he can get rid of any limits through signing up with Paytm as a full time merchant on the platform. Once a full time merchant, there are no limits to transactions.
No fees will be charged from merchants up to 31st December 2016 after self declaration.
As far as security is concerned, none of the details of their bank accounts or card details will ever be saved with the merchant.
Here are some other interesting details about what Paytm has been up to this year-
-Cities where Paytm is used the maximum are Hyderabad & Chennai with as many as 4 transactions a day on average up from 4 transactions a week from a few weeks ago
- In the top 50 cities, this figure is 3 transactions a day on an average
- The most transacted items on Paytm are Groceries, QSR and local transport
- Paytm's annual marketing budget is Rs 500-600 cr
-Since demonetization, the monthly spend has gone 3x for November
- In 2015-16, Paytm spent Rs 2546 crore on marketing
- On the Payment platform- credit card fees will be 2%
- Paytm incurred a loss of Rs 1500 crore in 2015-16 and made about Rs 1000 crore in revenue having spent Rs 2500 crore in investments
Popular on BI
- Dr Pepper forced to give $100K prize to BOTH contestants after boos erupt following odd tie-breaker at SEC championship halftime contest
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- The science behind selling a dress to an Indian woman, according to the CEO of Latin Quarters
- All except three Indian sectoral indices have outperformed their US counterparts in 2022 so far
- Best bike helmet under ₹1000
- Best dinner set under ₹2000
- ‘Most valuable companies’ with least number of employees, as per the Hurun report
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Droneacharya Aerial IPO
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World