Paytm takes same-day delivery to 20 cities
The Noida-headquartered online marketplace
The O2O deliveries were started in October 2015 so that the increasing demands of the festive season could be met in time. As per the conditions, sellers can charge a premium for the same-day delivery, and the premium depends on the category of the goods delivered.
"The packing and installation in case of appliances is done by the sellers themselves. With this, we are able to cover a critical category of large appliances that cannot be shipped by traditional warehousing models," Sudhanshu Gupta, VP at Paytm, told ET.
Online marketplaces still find it difficult to handle the delivery and installation of large appliances, because of which it depends on these sellers, or like in the case of Flipkart, they set up a dedicated facility for delivery and installation of large appliances so that customer satisfaction is not compromised with.
- At least 8 Mississippi lawmakers test positive for COVID-19
- Elyments dips to 3.5 stars on Google Play Store — Here's what analysts believe India's new social network needs in order to be successful
- Police arrests LG Polymers CEO and 11 others in styrene vapour leak incident at Visakhapatnam
- Covid-19: Airborne transmission can't be ruled out, says WHO
- Zimbabwe's health minister fired over COVID-19 graft scandal