People are hearing 'motor noises' coming from Apple's mysterious lab
The Sunnyvale campus has been linked to Apple through city documents, and there's a fair amount of evidence that the property is where Apple is developing its car that has been called an "open secret.""[Do] there have to [be] motor noises at 11:00 p.m. at night like last night? Even with the windows closed I could still hear it," the Sunnyvale resident wrote, according to Apple Insider.
But previous reports have indicated that Apple is doing prototyping work at the facility. If Apple were to be building, say, a car frame or automotive components, the lathes and mills needed to shape the metal could produce a fair amount of noise as well.Also, in the past week, Apple posted a job opening for a "welder/fabricator" in Santa Clara county under its hardware engineering department. The listing asks for large-scale prototyping skills, including experience with TIG and MIG welding, and the ability to bend tubes.
- CarbonWatch — India’s first mobile app to calculate your carbon footprint falls short of what it is promising
- Reddit recovers from a major outage as GameStop shares soar over 100%
- Nureca stocks debut on bourses at 59% premium over IPO price
- How Airtel’s AdTech platform is planning to deliver on the promise of ‘zero ad frauds’ to its clients
- Traffic jam on the Ganga - one of India's largest rivers will now get lane separators to deal with crowded boats