People have one huge misconception about T.J. Maxx
One of the biggest myths about T.J. Maxx is that the retailer stocks defective or unattractive merchandise that Macy's and Nordstrom couldn't sell.The reality is vastly different.
T.J. Maxx produces merchandise, too. About 10% of its merchandise comes from in-house labels.Behind T.J. Maxx's amazing selections are some of the best buyers in the industry, writes Beth Kowitt at Fortune.
The company aggressively invests in training for its 900 merchants, making sure that each develops expertise in a certain category (like handbags, shoes, or menswear)."It's pretty hardcore because it has to be," a former buyer told Fortune. "You're negotiating millions of dollars."The company has 3,385 locations after adding hundreds of new stores in the past year and is expected to surpass Macy's in sales.
- After Bihar, now BJP promises free Corona vaccine in MP
- Sanofi, GSK to support COVAX with 200mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India
- Axis Bank is back in the black as fee collections ramp up and ₹10,000 crore in fund raising cushions the balance sheet