Presidential candidate Martin O'Malley: Donald Trump is a 'fascist demagogue'
Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley (D) on Monday declared that Donald Trump is a "fascist demagogue."
Following Trump's suggestion on Monday afternoon that the US should institute a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States" for the time being, the presidential candidate tweeted that Trump had "remove[d] all doubt."
.@realdonaldtrump removes all doubt: he is running for President as a fascist demagogue.- Martin O'Malley (@MartinOMalley) December 7, 2015
O'Malley, who has lagged behind front-runner Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) in primary polls, has repeatedly criticized Trump for his inflammatory remarks about immigration.
"The fact of the matter is, and let's say it in our debate - because you'll never hear this from that immigrant-bashing carnival-barker Donald Trump - the truth of the matter is that net-immigration from Mexico last year was zero," O'Malley said during the Democratic presidential debate last month.Trump - who has dismissed O'Malley as a "disgusting, little, weak, pathetic baby" - immediately responded in a tweet.
Hillary and Sanders are not doing well, but what is the failed former Mayor of Baltimore doing on that stage? O'Malley is a clown.- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 15, 2015
- SEBI issues procedural guidelines for proxy advisors
- Bandhan Bank promoter sells 21% stake to meet RBI norms
- Air India pilots allege blatant discrimination by management
- Reliance Industries and bank shares tumble and topple Sensex as bears look to clear the froth in the price
- Twitter plans 'Undo Send' button with paid subscription service