Read Bill Gates' answer to a Reddit question about whether he copied Steve Jobs
During a recent Reddit AMA, or "ask me anything," one participant posed the following question to Gates, point-blank: "Did you copy Steve Jobs or did he copy you?"Here's Gates' response:
"The main "copying" that went on relative to Steve and me is that we both benefited from the work that Xerox Parc did in creating graphical interface - it wasn't just them, but they did the best work. Steve hired Bob Belville, I hired Charles Simonyi. We didn't violate any IP rights Xerox had, but their work showed the way that led to the Mac and Windows."It's not the first time Gates has said something of this nature.Back when Jobs first accused Gates of ripping off his idea, the two met in a conference room at Apple, where Jobs ripped into Gates, yelling, "I trusted you, and now you're stealing from us!"
As Walter Isaacson reported in his Steve Jobs biography, Gates responded: "Well, Steve, I think there's more than one way of looking at it. I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had already stolen it."
- Best fitness bands for men in India in 2021
- After Google noticed a lack of diversity in most ads it surveyed, it has now launched a toolkit for marketers to help make advertising more inclusive
- Tata Motors and Tata Power have jointly set up India's largest solar carport, aims to reduce 7,000 tonnes of carbon emissions
- Best Electric Toothbrushes in India
- Top 2-ton split ACs for big rooms and halls