Reliance Jio will gain hugely from Vodafone, Airtel and Idea’s losses
"We expect Reliance Jio's pan-India launch by April 2016 as the company mentioned all regulatory compliance measures are in place," said the note issued by to its clients, a copy of which was reviewed by ET.
As per the note, Jio will generate $1.7 billion of revenue by the end of 2016-17, its first year of commercial operations. It would target as many as 131 million customers by the end of 2019-20.
Asia's leading equity brokers and investment groups CLSA also said that Reliance Jio can offer the best 4G coverage because of its pan-India footprint, unlike other telcos like Bharti Airtel, Idea and Vodafone, which only have 4G presence in 15, 12 and 5 circles, respectively.
According to CLSA estimates some 20 million Vodafone India customers would be switching over to Jio, along with 15 and 10 million from Airtel and Idea, respectively.
- PL 2021: Here’s a look at how Punjab Kings vs CSK play against each other
- Goa and Gurugram recorded highest single day of covid 19 cases today
- Wipro fears it may lose its employees to competitors as there is an explosion of IT jobs
- Citibank to exit consumer banking business in India
- Checkout what is allowed and what is not in the new guidelines issued by the Delhi government